Re: [FreeMarker-user] freemarker and spring

Daniel Dekany

I don't know the answer... As far as FreeMarker is concerned, what you
want is doable, but it's up to the Web Application Framework (Spring
MVC in this case) whether it does this or not. So you probably will
have more luck with this question on some Spring-related lists.

Monday, April 9, 2012, 9:25:26 PM, S Ahmed wrote:

> When using freemarker and spring, I was looking at the source code
> of the freemarker viewresolver etc. and I recall seeing a place
> where request attribute level objects can merged into the
> ModelAndView that is sent to the view.
>
> Is this true?
>
> So if I have:
>
> request.setAttribute("someObject", someObject);
>
> that I set using a filter for example, when my view is rendered
> does this mean the someObject will be available in my freemarker
> view or is there is a config setting I have to switch to allow for this to happen?

Daniel Dekany