Re: [FreeMarker-user]
 BeansWrapper.populateClassMapWithPropertyDescriptor failing
 to create property descriptors

Daniel Dekany

Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 2:51:45 PM, Donnchadh Ó Donnabháin wrote:

> It would be great if this could be backported to 2.3.x.

In 2.3.x we could specifically check for this error condition and
ignore the setter method only if the error condition stands.

I'm also certain that the simpler fix in 2.4.x can be backported as is
(because `Map getClassKeyMap(Class clazz)` is package visible, not
public or protected), except I'm not sure that this simple fix was a
proper solution on the first place, especially without adding a
comment about why the writer-s are always left null, despite we are
creating PropertyDescriptors which do have a field for them... I can
see as 3 years later somebody "fixes" this, re-introducing the bug.

> Sorry I haven't got around to testing this yet and thanks for making
> the change in master so quickly, Attila.
>
> This seems fine but the original problem we had was discovered through
> the log files and I couldn't reproduce it at will. Removing the setter
> should eliminate the possibility of the error and doesn't cause any
> when I run our integration tests with a build of master containing
> this change.
>
>  Donnchadh
>
> On 16 November 2011 11:30, Daniel Dekany <ddekany@(protected):
>> Is it 100% sure that it doesn't break BC? Because then I backport this
>> into 2.3.x. Otherwise the users can't take advantage of it anyway,
>> since 2.4.x is not released.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>>  Daniel Dekany
>>

>> Tuesday, November 15, 2011, 9:07:33 PM, Attila Szegedi wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, made the change on Github:
>>> <https://github.com/freemarker/freemarker/commit/f88a21323d5f9658728cc848152d5133444c2e63>.
>>> Donnchadh, you should be able to clone the repo and build from source simply by:
>>>
>>> git clone git://github.com/freemarker/freemarker.git
>>> cd freemarker
>>> ant jar
>>>
>>> the JAR file will be in build/freemarker.jar
>>>
>>> Attila.

Daniel Dekany