Re: [FreeMarker-user] Calling macro with tricky parameter name

Daniel Dekany

Wednesday, February 22, 2012, 4:21:31 PM, Jerker Klang wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a macro that I want to use for producing html5 page (fragments).
> It looks like this:
>
> <#macro input id params...>
> <#list params?keys as param>
>    Key: ${param}<br />
>    Value: ${params[param]}<br />
> </#list>
> </#macro>
>
> Question: How do I call that macro with parameter named data-custom with
> the value freemarker?

As far as I see, you just can't do that. You will have to use '_'
instead, and then ?replace('_', '-') it where you print it. /-:

> The naive aproach would have been:
>
> <@(protected)" />
>
> Background:
> In html5 they have the new convention that you can enter custom data
> attributes on elements by using a data- prefix on all attributes. I
> suspect that my question is likely to reoccur in the future as html5
> becomes more common.

Yeah... it should be improved in the parser. Except, it can't be done
in a backward-compatible way. <@(protected)
<@(protected)
'=='.

> I've browsed through the FAQ and .vars in mentioned for accessing the
> variables but that isn't a problem me (since I'm iterating through params).
>
> Is there a way to specify a tricky parameter name somehow?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> //Jerker

Daniel Dekany