Re: [castor-user] Question about Spring FactoryBeans for Castor XML

Werner Guttmann

Hi

On 17.02.2010 04:16, Zachariah Young wrote:
> In your Castor 1.3.1 and Spring combination does your spring xml context
> file have a bean like the following?
>
> <bean id="xmlContext" class="org.castor.spring.xml.XMLContextFactoryBean" />

Let me clean up a few things here: a few month *before* the Spring-WS
project decided to implement an abstraction layer for XML data binders
(named spring-oxm) (such as Castor XML, JAXB, ....), we here at Castor
came up with our own solution, the spring-xml package.

Since then, spring-oxm has progressed a lot, and as a result, we really
do not maintain the spring-xml package any more here at Castor.

There's a few other things to notice:

a) spring-oxm, as part of the Spring 3.0 release, has been moved into
Spring core. Before, it happened to be packaged and maintained within
the Spring-WS project.

b) spring-oxm as packaged within the spring-ws 1.x releases happens to
have a few issues with Castor and its advanced features, that have
already been resolved with the new spring-oxm in Spring 3.0. As far as I
know, those fixes will not be back-ported to spring-ws (aka spring-oxm 1.x.

I hope this helps you a bit to demystify your problem(s).

Cheers
Werner